Hoi All,

If have been using bind (and openldap) for a few years. When I first
set-up bind I looked at possibilities for ldap integration and tried
sdb-ldap, but found its response time bad. So instead I have since
used the ldap2zone tool to daily update my zone-files.
Recently I have been looking again and came upon bind-dyndb-ldap. It
looks good, although it does not jet have the complete configuration
set dhcp-ldap has for ics-dhcp.
The last two weeks I have been reading everything I could find.

I have so far:
 - added the bind-dyndb-ldap schema to ldap. (marked out the
   'dNSdefaultTTL' attribute as it reuses the OID for 'zoneName' in
   the dnszone schema which I for now still need)
 - converted my old zone-data into a new tree.
 - compiled bind-dyndb-ldap-11.1. I run Gentoo, but found an overlay
   for 11.0 and changed it for 11.1.
 - Updated to bind 9.11.0-p3
 - Added:
         dyndb DNS-ldap "/usr/lib64/bind/ldap.so" {
                uri "ldap://localhost:389";;
                base "cn=DNSdyndb, dc=home";
                auth_method "simple";
                bind_dn "cn=Admin, dc=home";
                password "my-secret";
                directory "dyn";
                verbose_checks yes;
        };

and got stuck.
I tried the uri with and without the portnumber, as it says her, as an
IP-number...
For now I use my rootdn, but once working I'll create a dedicated user
with local full rights, as I have with dhcp.
I have looked through configure for bind if I have to enable
something, have tried removing dlz from bind, but time and again it
won't work.

Running named with `-d 10 -g -u named` from the command line got me
some more info but I still do not understand what goes wrong. Let
alone what I have to do.

The above gives me with the leading datetime removed:
`
 bind-dyndb-ldap version 11.1 compiled at 21:34:13 Mar 20 2017,
     compiler 4.9.4
 registered dynamic ldap driver for DNS-ldap.
 adding task 0x7fd80df75010 to syncrepl list; 1 task in list
 configuration for dyndb instance 'DNS-ldap' (starting in file
     /etc/bind/named.conf on line 44):
 auth_method "simple";
 base "cn=DNSdyndb, dc=home";
 bind_dn "cn=Admin, dc=home";
 directory "dyn";
 password "????????";
 uri "ldap://localhost:389";;
 verbose_checks yes;

 cannot parse settings for 'named.conf for database DNS-ldap': not
     found
 LDAP instance 'DNS-ldap' destroyed
`

And bind is shut-down???