On Sun, Jun 03, 2018 at 06:00:08AM +0000, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> The PKCS#11 interface is very fragile, as the different vendors implement
> different parts of the
> standard, and BIND needs to be compiled with a specific PKCS#11 provider
> defined at the
> compile time.  This is certainly suboptimal, and we are looking at ways how
> to improve that.

My understanding was that you had to choose at compile time wether you
needed PKCS#11 or OpenSSL, and that, even if you could link with a
specific provider during the build, you could opt-out and start named
with -E /path/to/engine.so. At least, it is the way it is done in the
FreeBSD ports tree.

--
Mathieu Arnold