On 9 Sep 2018, at 14:58, Mark Elkins <m...@posix.co.za> wrote:
> Umm... this initially looks great but something is seriously strange. The
> first numerical value after DS should be the Key ID (or Key Tag). I really
> doubt that you would (randomly) create two different DNSKEY records with
> sequential Key-ID's (Tags) starting from "1"... its usually a relatively
> random value between 1 and 2^16

Yes, that was a mistake in the configuration.

> Also as an aside - many people are no longer putting the SHA-1 Digest type DS
> record in their parent, just the longer (more secure?) SHA-256 (Digest Type
> 2) record.

Thanks, I keep that in mind.

> As the root uses Algorithm 8 - many people also use algorithm 8 - you are
> using algorithm 7. Algorithm roll-overs are a pain so if you can - move
> straight to 8.

And that.

> I also can not detect a DNSKEY in your zone?
> dig covisp.net dnskey +cd
> ...gives your SOA.
> Without the "+cd" (ignore any DNSSEC validation) - I get a SERVFAIL.

Yes, I was in the midst of futzing with things at the time.

> Adding DS records into your parent should be the last part of the process in
> securing your Zone with DNSSEC.

I've pulled the DNSSEC entirely for right now as there is still some research I
need to do (things like renewal, automating the process for other domains, etc).

--
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it." - Groucho
Marx