On 08/09/2018 01:01 AM, Lee wrote:
it does, so you have to flag your local zones as rpz-passthru.

Thank you again Lee.  You gave me exactly what I needed and wanted to know.

I finally got around to configuring my RPZ to filter IPv4 Special-Purpose Address Registry as per IANA's definition. (https://www.iana.org/assignments/iana-ipv4-special-registry/iana-ipv4-special-registry.xhtml#iana-ipv4-special-registry-1)

I am also happily using rpz-passthru for my local domain(s) that resolve to filtered IPs.

Now I'm pontificating augmenting my RPZ to also filter replies that resolve to IPv4 BOGONs. (Received via BGP feed with Team Cymru.)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die