It has come to my attention that my answer to the following question might not have been clear. So I'll try again.

First I want to be clear that I was discussing what the records should be, RFC 2317 Classless IN-ADDR.ARPA Delegation (read: CNAME) or standard NS delegation. I don't care how the records (CNAME or NS) are generated. I care what the records are, CNAME vs NS.