On 01/22/2019 08:12 AM, Jordan Tinsley wrote:
I get an error that named.service doesn’t exist.  I may be overlooking documentation somewhere, but I don’t see anything about this.

I don't think that the BIND source code includes distro / init daemon specific scripts / files. It's going to be up to you to create something.

If BIND does include something, it will likely be old style Sys V init scripts that go into the /etc/init.d directory and require creation of sym-links from the /etc/rc* directories to start and stop appropriately.

I'd be surprised if BIND came with systemd unit files. (I think that's the proper term.)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die