We have a URL phishing setup that causes URLs we detect to redirect to a
warning page. We have run into a problem. One of our clients has scripts that
he calls from a host in that domain.
Needs.example.com when we block example.com.
Can I create a root zone to define a wildcard pointing to our warning page with
one hostname defined going to a forward’ed DNS source? I could just give it an
IP, but can I forward that one domain to outside DNS (Google or their NS
repository)?

Here’s a very rough draft of the root zone:

$ORIGIN .
$TTL 3600
example.com      IN SOA   us.ourdns.com.  helpdesk.ourdns.com.

*            CNAME  url-blocking.ourdns.com
needs    forward(8.8.8.8)

--
Hal