Stéphane Bortzmeyer <bortzme...@nic.fr> wrote:
Does minimal-responses make sense for an authoritative name server?
(Note there was no glue involved.)

On Mar 11, 2019, at 7:12 AM, Tony Finch <d...@dotat.at> wrote:
I think it helps reduce fragmentation if the max-udp-size is larger than
the MSS, but apart from that it probably doesn't make much difference.

As far as I can tell, clients and resolvers generally re-query for
additional records when they are needed, and they already have the
delegation records which should be the same as the authority records, so
it seems pointless to me to add records to authoritative responses when
they aren't used.