On 17.01.20 22:03, Crist Clark wrote:
We have a service vendor with broken DNS. It looks like a well known
problem of F5 load balancers. For the name,

    efederation.wip.ceridian.com (you get redirected there from
https://iam.ceridian.com)

The DNS "servers" return an answer for a A request, but when you ask
for any other record type, they send a name-does-not-exist status,
"NXDOMAIN." Once our caching BIND servers get the NXDOMAIN response,
the A record info doesn't matter anymore. They return NXDOMAIN for a A
record query too.

Yes, yes, I know the Right Answer is to get the vendor to fix their
load balancer. But we get the "it works when we're at home," "it works
with Google/Cloudflare DNS," "it works on my phone when I use mobile
data," so our DNS server must be broken. We have to make it work while
we convince the vendor to fix it.

knowing their DNS when they are at home and use mobile data, plus a few
requests to google DNS could change their "it works when..."

I don't know how google DNS works, some reported it not following standard
much.

(R)etry, (A)bort, (C)ancer