9.14.10 is the current stable release and 9.11.15 is the current extended support release. Unless you know something is broken in 9.14.10 (unlikely) that would be the version to $

You absolutely should not be running a bind version several years old, as 9.11.4 is.

But 1:9.11.3+dfsg-1ubuntu1.1 is the version that Ubuntu 18.04 LTS supports, and will continue to for 2 more years.

Clearly, it is earlier than 9.11.4

Has Ubuntu properly patched it for relevant security updates? Is it safe to run? Of course it will be missing the latest features and software defects (which I am exploring on a test server sing a version I compiled myself).

Brett