Reverse lookup problem resolved. Apparently my ISP did not understand I wanted to change the pointer record. Maybe I did no articulate myself very well!!

On 2021-06-19 01:17, Reindl Harald wrote:
Am 19.06.21 um 01:17 schrieb techli...@phpcoderusa.com:
I had my ISP configure a reverse lookup years ago.  They say they no longer offer that service and there is no reverse lookup for my IP.

don't matter unless you try to send mails from your machine

I keep running into this old reverse lookup and do not know where it is coming from.

from the ISP owing the network range

When I run https://intodns.com/ it shows this reverse lookup and not the one I just configured on my local box.

whatever you configure on your box is irrelevant to the world unless
the owner of the network range delegates the reverse zone to your
server which is unlikely for most cases and impossible for a single IP

Any thoughts on how I might resolve this or find who is hosting this reverse lookup?

"whois ip"
information.