On 6/27/21 4:01 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
seriosly i am beginning to wonder if you should simply give up bind-chroot

Never quit!  :-)

it's not the job of the chroot bind-mount setup to mount each and every file and 'file "abc.hosts.rev"' without any path makes no sense

just write your files where they are expected from the viewpoint of the chroot and ignore "/var/named/chroot" in your configs because it simply don't exist from the viewpoint of the process running inside the chroot

anyways, that's not a bind topic at all

Odd, I would have thought that bind-chroot was part of the bind project.

Anyway, I figured it out.  I will post it in another reply