> On 6 Jul 2021, at 05:56, Eric Germann via bind-users
> <bind-users@lists.isc.org> wrote:
>
> Has ISC given any thought to releasing dig as a separate source package?
>
> It’s good for testing DoH, but you need to build the entire bind package to
> get it.  It would be useful for support analysts without the overhead of
> compiling all of bind to get it

Really, it a couple of extra megabytes of disk space and a couple of extra
minutes of compile
time.  Dig is not a stand alone component.  It depends on libisc, libdns,
libisccfg, libirs, and
libbind9.  Thats most of the libraries we build.  It makes no sense to have a
seperate source
package for dig.

> ---
> Eric Germann
> ekgermann {at} semperen {dot} com || ekgermann {at} gmail {dot} com
> LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ericgermann
> Twitter: @ekgermann
> Telegram || Signal || Phone +1 {dash} 419 {dash} 513 {dash} 0712
>
> GPG Fingerprint: 89ED 36B3 515A 211B 6390  60A9 E30D 9B9B 3EBF F1A1

Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742              INTERNET: ma...@isc.org