On Tue, Sep 07, 2021 at 10:48:57AM -0400,
Matthew Pounsett <m...@conundrum.com> wrote a message of 32 lines which
said:
Yeah, you can pretty reliably get the answer in one or two steps by
requesting the NS set for the FQDN.  You'll either get your answer, or
get an SOA with the name of the enclosing zone.  Second lookup gets
you the NS set for the enclosing zone.

In message <ytm5xuatw6fkp...@nic.fr>, Stephane Bortzmeyer
<bortzme...@nic.fr> wrote:
Indeed (unless you find a broken resolver that fail to send the SOA).