On 01.02.22 17:54, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 01.02.22 um 15:28 schrieb Josef Moellers:
Just for the record:
Thanks, Ondřej, for pushing my nose onto the fact that the test should be run as a non-privileged user.

really *nothing* should run as root, especially not building software - doing so and even rpmbuild no longer can assure that something don't break out of the buildroot

In my case I run it on a private VM.
But you're right: if the source is unreliable, anything can happen.
I was assuming the bind sources are reliable.

the "make install" in a rpmbuild simply fails when it tries touch touch /usr and that's one more reason never type "sudo make install" but package everything

Yes ... that's what I'm about to do ... packaging bind.

Josef
--
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH
Maxfeldstr. 5