On 3/24/22 10:02 AM, Carl Byington via bind-users wrote:
I think so.

Agreed.

Presumably to create those domains locally. Of course the rest of the world won't see them.

1.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa    PTR     outbound.example.com.
outbound.example.com      A       127.0.0.1

What advantage does RPZ have in this case over just hosting the domain(s) locally?

Aside: I've usually gotten around this specific problem via entries in /etc/hosts. Maybe the software is more picky than what I've run into before.

I am a fan of RPZ and use it often. I'm still trying to find which tool to use in various situations.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die