Dnf is not available. Therefore using yum

Linux Red Hat 7.9 virtual machine on VMware, has internet connectivity

Set up local repository in
/etc/yum.repos.d/download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org_results_isc_bind_epel-8-_.repo:

[copr:copr.fedorainfracloud.org:isc:bind]
name=Copr repo for bind owned by isc
baseurl=https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/isc/bind/epel-8-$basearch/
type=rpm-md
skip_if_unavailable=False
enabled=1
enabled_metadata=1
gpgcheck=0
#gpgkey=https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/isc/bind/pubkey.gpg
repo_gpgcheck=0

--changed gpgcheck and repo gpgcheck to '0' and also commented out gpgkey=.....
 to try and get around the errors

# yum install isc-bind:   rcd an error related to an ssl cert-therefore set
sslverify=0 in /etc/yum.conf

now receiving error:
"https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/isc/bind/epel-8-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
 [Errno 14] HTTPS Error 503 - Service Unavailable" for each of the sites in
isc: https://
download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/isc/bind/epel-8-x86_64/    (i.e.
repeats 10 x)

curl -k
https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/isc/bind/epel-8-x86_64/
shows web page content so the connection is good

# sealert -a /var/log/audit/audit.log does not show any output

# firewall-cmd -list-all  <and> --list-ports   does not show any blocks or
filters

there are no entries in /var/log/yum.log (blank)

no references to the issue in /var/log/messages

internet search indicates a possible issue with the target site (which I doubt)

I am relatively new to repository configuration, so I am assuming I am missing
something.

Thanks in advance for any input

V/R
Jim DeCaro

  • Attempting to co... DeCaro, James John (Jim) CIV DISA FE (USA) via bind-users
    • Re: Attempt... Anand Buddhdev
      • RE: [UR... DeCaro, James John (Jim) CIV DISA FE (USA) via bind-users
    • Re: Attempt... Michal Nowak
      • RE: [UR... DeCaro, James John (Jim) CIV DISA FE (USA) via bind-users
        • Re:... Anand Buddhdev
          • ... DeCaro, James John (Jim) CIV DISA FE (USA) via bind-users
            • ... DeCaro, James John (Jim) CIV DISA FE (USA) via bind-users
    • Re: Attempt... Michał Kępień
      • Re: Att... Ondřej Surý
        • RE:... DeCaro, James John (Jim) CIV DISA FE (USA) via bind-users