On 2022-04-29 01:18, Mark Andrews wrote:

break-dnssec is about if the client could detect the re-write or not using
DNSSEC.  If the client has DO=1 in the request and the normal response is
signed then rewrites can be detected. If break-dnssec is ’no’ the rewrite will
be prevented.  If break-dnssec is ‘yes’ then the rewrite will occur.

the world <-> recursive server rpz w/ break-dnssec no <-> recursive server rpz
w/ break-dnssec no or yes;
                       non dnssec client                            non dnssec
client

You don’t want the second recursive server to spend all its time re-asking
queries that will fail validation