On 09.09.2022 05:31, Ahmad Ibrahim wrote:

/Hello I'm working installing an equivalent to dig on windows and stumbled upon the following site: https://phoenixnap.com/kb/dig-windows/

use this:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bacxWTAWiVQ (instruction with link to ISC BIND)

/During the installation I'm asked for a service account - I don't believe I have any additional accounts on the computer - will I be required to create another one as a service account? Additionally I am unable to install due to the Visual C++ 2017 requirement. I have a number of different Visual Studio Redistributables installed (I am unable to upload an image as part of this support request). I do not feel comfortable uninstalling them randomly but I do have one (2015-2022 x64 14.32.31332) that seems to be more current than the one bundled with the installation./

/the service account is needed for BIND itself; the newer visual c++ runtimes are not always a replacement for older visual c++ runtimes;/

/
/