I am trying to get some basic ideas on dns/hosting.

I have purchased a public domain e.g: example.com & the hosting provider have
given me with cpanel access where I can add my dns records using cpanel zone
editor.

I want to use my own BIND9 dns server instead of hosting provider DNS server. I
have configured BIND9 DNS (on my public IP like 1.1.1.1) & created all records
like www/mx/few hosts. , test resolving is working as expected from my test pc.

How can I use my dbin9 authoritative DNS as my public domain primary dns?
example If I change the primary NS on hosting provider Cpanel section and and
point its NS to to 1.1.1.1 (my bind9) , will all resolving for example.com will
be done via my BIND9 server?
<http://pk.linkedin.com/pub/syed-jahanzaib/24/3b/407>
<http:///>

Regard's