> On Jan 31, 2023, at 15:27, Thomas Schäfer <tschae...@t-online.de> wrote:
>
> Am Dienstag, 31. Januar 2023, 20:03:42 CET schrieb Marco:
>

>> Why would it make sense to block them?
>
> Avoiding wrong decisions by "happy eyeballs" - probably the same rare reasons
> why isc introduced the AAAA filter yeas ago - in theory there is no reason to
> block AAAA nor A. But blocking A depending on the existence of  AAAA makes no
> sense at all.
> (as bind at moment is doing)

I’ve found one edge case where blocking AAAA records fixes something in order
to force it to A addresses.

Netflix

I use a Hurricane Electric tunnel for my IPv6.  Works like a charm for every
other site I use.  But Netflix rejects connections because it thinks it’s on a
VPN.  So, filtering the quad A makes it appear it isn’t IPv6 enabled, so it
connects over 4.  Works like a champ.

Eric