Hi list.

I received the email below, which on the face of it looks pretty bogus (especially since this supposed 'list' email is personalised with my name). But the message headers show that this email was relayed to my MX server from the same MTA that relays legitimate emails from the bind-users list:

    by mx.tait.net.nz (Postfix) with ESMTPS id E42DBA08D5
    for<n...@tait.net.nz>; Fri,  7 Jun 2024 04:20:02 +1200 (NZST)

So either the email below is valid, but if so I have no idea what it is for (and hence haven't clicked the link), or the email below is bogus and they have exploited the list MTA to distribute spam?

Can anyone shed any light on this? Happy to share all the mail headers if that helps?

Thanks,

Nick.