Have you considered scheduling the change in version published in each COPR repository so it doe /not/ coincide with the release of a new version of BIND?

I have some hosts tied to the COPR for BIND-ESV, and some tied to BIND. I hit a stumbling block during the last "roll over" event, and it took me a a bit to figure out if it was due to the switch of BIND-ESV from 9.11 - > 9.16 in the repository, or the switch from 9.16.x -> 9.16.y in the code-release.

If we could have the version published in the BIND-ESV repository advance to the same version which was most recently published in BIND repository (i.e. ship 9.18.x in BIND, a couple of weeks later roll BIND-ESV to 9.18.x and BIND to 9.20.x, and a couple of weeks later release 9.18.y and 9.20.y), then problems with the COPR "roll over" would be a little more obvious.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
john.thurs...@alaska.gov
Department of Administration
State of Alaska