On 10/1/24 09:44, Klaus Darilion wrote:
Hi Matthijs!

I always had the impression that dnssec-signzone is a stand-alone
utility and signing is done either with dnssec-signzone or with
Bind's dnssec-policy. Does it really work to use dnssec-signzone on a
zone and journal that is managed by named?

No, it doesn't work like that. You turn off automatic signing and use dnssec-signzone manually to sign the zone.

I was under the impression that you needed to sign a zone with a specific salt. dnssec-signzone can do that for you.

Best regards,

Matthijs

Regards Klaus