Dear Colleagues,

My Ph.D. dissertation on dolphin whistle classification and north Atlantic
right whale upcall detection is now available at the following link:
"Detection and Classification of Marine Mammal Sounds" https://goo.gl/LpRcKo

The following papers have been published from my Ph.D. program:

1) "Using local binary patterns as features for classification of dolphin
calls," *The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America*, *134*(1),
EL105-EL111, 2013. http://goo.gl/l4Klbw

2) "Sparse representation for classification of dolphin whistles by type," The
Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 136 (1), EL1-EL7, 2014.
http://goo.gl/PYznCw

3) M. Esfahanian, H. Zhuang, N. Erdol and E. Gerstein, "Comparison of two
methods for detection of North Atlantic Right Whale upcalls," *Signal
Processing Conference (EUSIPCO), 2015 23rd European*, Nice, 2015, pp.
559-563. http://goo.gl/qOVux1

4) "Application of gabor wavelets and sparse representation for
classification of dolphin whistle," *2014 IEEE International Conference on
Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP)*, Florence, 2014, pp.
6038-6042. "A new approach of classification of dolphin whistles"
http://goo.gl/yjvPE3

5) "On contour-based classification of dolphin whistles by type," Applied
Acoustics, 76, 274-279, 2014. http://goo.gl/Sxr51w

Please read my Ph.D. dissertation and corresponding papers and please cite
them in your scientific papers as I critically need your citations in order
to continue my research and better serve the bioacoustic community.

Thank you very much and appreciate your help,

Regards,

Mahdi

--
Mahdi Esfahanian, Ph.D.
Department of Computer and Electrical Eng. and Computer Science