*The Freshwater Sounds Archive*
[image: Freshwater Sound Archive Logo.png]

Introducing The Freshwater Sounds Archive, a new project led by Dr. Jack
Greenhalgh <https://www.jack-greenhalgh.com/> in collaboration with
FishSounds <https://fishsounds.net/freshwater.js> that seeks to create an
open-access global database of sounds produced by soniferous freshwater
species.

*Receive recognition in a forthcoming data paper *

Submit your species-specific or unidentified sounds to the archive now and
receive recognition for your contribution in a forthcoming data paper as a
co-author!

*What are the requirements for submission? *

The submitted sound(s) must be:

   - Recorded by a hydrophone in a freshwater habitat;
   - Produced by a freshwater species;
   - Submitted in a .wav format alongside appropriate metadata (see
the FishSounds
   website <https://fishsounds.net/freshwater.js> for more).

*How do I submit my sounds to the archive?*

Click this link <https://fishsounds.net/freshwater.js> and follow the
instructions posted on the FishSounds website. Initial submissions are
due *July
31st 2024 *and must be uploaded to The Freshwater Sounds Archive Google
Drive folder
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RGXAGaMmIG05vE31lOVW2eHetsfLxCmn?usp=sharing>
.

*Questions?*

If you have any questions then feel free to contact Dr. Jack Greenhalgh via
jackhalg...@gmail.com

--
Dr Jack Greenhalgh
Postdoctoral Researcher at the Pyrenean Institute of Ecology (

*Web:* https://www.jack-greenhalgh.com/