Hi Florian,

Yes we are trying to make things more uniform.  seqlevels() lets you
rename as well as deactivate chromosomes you want to ignore, so it was
really redundant with isActiveSeq().  So we are moving away from
isActiveSeq() just so that users have less to learn about.  The reason
why isActiveSeq was different from seqlevels was just because it was
born for a TranscriptDb (which is based on an annotation database)
instead of being born on a GRanges object.  So seqlevels was the more
general tool.

   Marc