I have have rangeColMeans which is essentially rangeMeans for
vector/matrix. I renamed this to make it a method on rangeMeans. I think it
would be great to have methods for all the commonly used types.  We should
put some thought into how these would all share as much code as is
practical.

Pete

Peter M. Haverty, Ph.D.
Genentech, Inc.