Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply!

On our Mavericks machine (10.9.5 with XCode 6.1), there was no OpenMP installed at all. The configure script correctly found that out and compiled our package without OpenMP support. On morelia, however, the configure script seems to enforce OpenMP or at least thinks there is some OpenMP installed. And then, during compilation, the include file omp.h is not found. Maybe omp.h has to be prefixed with some directory, I don't know. Do you know of any other Bioconductor package that supports OpenMP on the Mavericks platform - to check out how this package does it?

For the time being, the workaround of switching off OpenMP entirely on Mac platforms seems to solve the problem: our version 0.99.5 at last builds smoothly on all four platforms.

One more question: is it generally a good idea to build binary packages using OpenMP? What if somebody tries to install and run a package built with OpenMP on a Mac or Windows machine that has no OpenMP? I would rather expect the Mac and Windows binary packages to be built for maximum compatibility with standard systems. If a more experienced user wants to optimize the package for his/her platform, he/she can compile the source package him-/herself.

Thanks and best regards,
Ulrich