an update:

I've switched back to the "default" initialize methods for Spectrum1 and
Spectrum2 objects in MSnbase (not implemented in C) and with these installing
RMassBank seems to work.
I have however now to run some intense torture tests on MSnbase to ensure that
we don't run again into the random memory problems that we had in MSnbase
(issue https://github.com/lgatto/MSnbase/issues/138)

jo

> On 7 Oct 2016, at 20:14, Rainer Johannes <johannes.rai...@eurac.edu> wrote:
>
> we could try to switch back from the C-constructors to the "old" ones, I'll
> check later
>
>> On 7 Oct 2016, at 20:03, Schymanski, Emma <emma.schyman...@eawag.ch> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Laurent,
>>
>> I don't have an answer for you right now - but in CC are also the other 3
>> involved in trying to fix this on our side...
>> Just to make sure that all have the respective email addresses to try speed
>> up the debugging...
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Emma

>>> Emma (on behalf of the others)