Dear Martin,

> On 11 Oct 2017, at 13:05, Martin Morgan <martin.mor...@roswellpark.org> wrote:
>
> On 10/11/2017 03:48 AM, Rainer Johannes wrote:
>> Hi,
>> would it be possible to increase the allowed build and check times for mzR
>> on Windows? Building mzR takes very long due to the compilation of the
>> included proteowizard (and boost?) code so there is not much we can do to
>> speed that up.
>
> what's the role of proteowizard in mzR? is it required in its entirety, or
> can it be more selectively included? I agree that mzR is often problematic
> because of the excessive compilation time.

mzR uses Rcpp modules to directly call/use the C++ code from proteowizard to
read mzML, mzXML and other MS file formats. Regarding selective includes: I
believe Steffen Neumann and Laurent Gatto spent already a great deal of time to
reduce the amount of code that needs to be included for mzR to compile/work. I
think there is not much more that can be done here, unfortunately.

jo