Hello,

I noticed that October 24 is "Deadline for packages passing ‘‘R CMD build’’ and
‘‘R CMD check’’ without errors or warnings." and "Identify packages to be
‘deprecated’ in the new devel, Bioconductor 3.7." and "... or those with errors
and unresponsive maintainers." If the Release Schedule document at
https://www.bioconductor.org/developers/release-schedule/ is accurate, then
there is some uncertainty as to whether Gviz would fall into this category.
That deadline is only 4 days away.

> Part of the joy of open-source software is participating in support and
> maintenance -- why not tackle unanswered questions with your own best effort?

Indeed, this is an advantage of open-source software, but if on the support
website, questions have been unanswered in the past 3 months, would a pull
request have any effect or also be ignored?