Is this a new policy? Will packages that currently have multiple maintainers be required to remove all but one?

All three of the packages I maintain have multiple maintainers listed. In two cases, I added a second maintainer to the packages before I went on parental leave, to ensure that someone would be able to respond to issues in a timely manner. In the third case, I took over primary maintenance of a package from its original author, but he would still like to able to submit changes to Bioconductor. In all these cases, I think the ability to have multiple maintainers has improved the reliability of the packages, rather than the reverse.

Stephanie