I recently started to get a weird error when building the vignette to my seqCAT
package, related to a VCF file I use as example data. The error itself looks
like this:

scanVcf: _DNAencode(): invalid DNAString input character: '1' (byte value 49)
path: (...)/seqCAT/extdata/example.vcf.gz

I can also reproduce the error by a simple `VariantAnnotation::readVCF()` call.
It has worked fine until the latest devel-updates of other Bioconductor
packages, so I assumed it was some new change that caused the error, but I
cannot find anything in the NEWS seemingly related to this. I also tried to
troubleshoot by manually inspecting my file, and it seems that the ANN field is
the culprit; I can read the VCF if I remove the entirety of the INFO column. I
cannot, however, seem to locate the erroneous data itself.

Does anybody have any idea what causes this?