Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a class for results of differential gene expression
analysis. I couldn’t find anything generic. Perhaps it’s too similar to a
simple data frame, but I like the idea of having a consistent format. I would
imagine something that holds gene names, statistics (logFC, p-value, adjusted
p-value), plus optional information, e.g. the percent of cells expressing a
gene (in the context of scRNA-seq). This could then be attached to an SCE
object (“metadata" slot) to keep all results together. I’m probably making
things too complicated and should just use a simple data frame but wanted to be
sure that I’m not missing any existing solution. I’d appreciate if you share
your advice. Thank you!

Cheers,
Roman