Hi Arman,

On 5/7/20 08:57, Arman Shahrisa wrote:
Hi to all,

I�m maintainer of the package  �cbaf�. I have pushed changes to both devel and
stable branches almost two days ago. The package check has only been carried
out for the stable release so far. There has been only one error on macOS
server as a result of the version of Java used on the server.

Not sure what is wrong with the version of Java used on our Mac server machv2. cbaf fails to load with the following error message:

  Error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'xlsx', details:
    call: fun(libname, pkgname)
    error: Your java version is 14.  Need 1.5.0 or higher.
  Execution halted
  ERROR: lazy loading failed for package ‘cbaf’

Obviously version 14 is higher than version 1.5.0 so to me it just looks like the Java checking code in xlsx is broken. Something you might want to report to the xlsx maintainer.

Alternatively you might want to choose the packages you depend on more carefully.

Cheers,
H.

Despite this, the older version is listed on the cbaf web page for BioC 3.11.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__bioconductor.org_packages_release_bioc_html_cbaf.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=eRAMFD45gAfqt84VtBcfhQ&r=BK7q3XeAvimeWdGbWY_wJYbW0WYiZvSXAJJKaaPhzWA&m=A59d3JuLgSK3niLkKLga7vyA-vcQsy8q7riknf75RJ0&s=UAhMnh0UmS_h5m4zNRZ_6GE4yemBR0PNGc1WWIARybI&e=

Am I missing something?

Best regards,
Arman

Hervé Pagès