Hello Marcel,
Thanks to you for your very useful MultiAssayExperiment package, it has
provided a very useful framework that I have made use of in my multi-omic
package padma.

I've noticed that padma has started breaking in devel due to a recent change in
MultiAssayExperiment (v1.17.3, which is also currently not building on devel)
that appears to be linked to a fix for issue #287
(https://github.com/waldronlab/MultiAssayExperiment/issues/287) about inferring
MAE-level colData. The problem in padma seems to be in my vignette when an
error message of "No matching identifiers found" is returned while subsetting a
MultiAssayExperiment object. I'm guessing it should be an easy fix for me in my
vignette/example code, but I first wanted to make sure that you're planning on
keeping this inference of MAE-level colData in future versions of
MultiAssayExperiment or whether this is still somewhat in flux.

Thanks again, and wishing you happy holidays!
Andrea