From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-boun...@r-project.org> on behalf of Gabriel Odom
<go...@fiu.edu>
Date: Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 9:47 AM
To: bioc-devel@r-project.org <bioc-devel@r-project.org>
Cc: Fernanda Veitzman <fveit...@fiu.edu>, Chedraoui Silva, Tiago
<txs...@med.miami.edu>
Subject: [Bioc-devel] Force Package Update after Removing Large Files from .git
History
Dear Bioconductor Team,

We are submitting the package coMethDMR
(https://github.com/Bioconductor/Contributions/issues/2064) and we have fixed
all errors and warnings listed in the multi-system build report.
One error was that the package was too large. We followed the steps to use BFG
here (https://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/remove-large-data/), and
we have successfully reduced the package size to <5Mb in our GitHub repository.
However, according to those instructions, force pushes are not allowed to the
upstream branch, and we are to contact you for help.
Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
Gabriel