Hi Adam,

I also got this problem, and I would like some input from Bioc Core Team. I worked around it by writing a minimal vignette in the main branch. Then I made a documentation branch, where I have the same code as in main branch, but with more elaborate vignettes used to build a pkgdown website. I made a rule for myself that I can only merge from the main or devel branch to the documentation branch but not the other way round. I would switch branch when I find a bug or want a new feature while writing the vignettes. You can see the main branch here: https://github.com/pachterlab/voyager/tree/main The documentation branch here: https://github.com/pachterlab/voyager/tree/documentation

I kind of wonder if the 5 MB rule is outdated in the age of increasing computer power and internet speed. A jpeg photo can easily exceed 5 MB. I also wonder if this rule is deliberately kept for good reasons, like to make R more inclusive to disadvantaged people with limited internet services.

Regards,

Lambda