We don't have a way to preemptively block use of those packages.  It should
happen naturally as when they are removed from CRAN the packages will start
Erroring on the Bioconductor build system and they will receive warnings to fix
or be at risk for deprecation.

On my quick search over my local checkout,  there seems to be no packages that
use rgdal, one that uses rgeos  (flowDensity) , and two that uses maptools
(GEOexplorer, GateFinder)  as listed in the DESCRIPTION/NAMESPACE file.  I will
reach out to these three packages individually as well to notify them of the
impending changes.  As far as use  of sp,  I could find five packages that
currently list sp in the DESCRIPTION that I can also send an email too:
synergyfinder, structToolbox, stJoincount, SPIAT, and flowDensity.

Thank you for your diligence and advance notices of affected packages.
Hopefully they can make changes early to avoid any disruption or potential
deprecation.

Cheers,

Lori Shepherd - Kern

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center

Elm & Carlton Streets

Buffalo, New York 14263