> Secondly, does anyone have a good approach for keeping a mirror of it at the
> url in the lab's github since this is the link we reference in the
> publication: https://neurogenomics.github.io/MungeSumstats?

Maybe an alternative is to:

1. Transfer the existing repo to your GitHub name
2. Fork the repo in your GitHub name to the 'neurogenomics' GitHub organization

That way, it should be visible to users visiting
https://github.com/neurogenomics/MungeSumstats that there is an
upstream repo available.

Disclaimer: I'm not sure if Step 2 will be possible after the
transfer, because GitHub tend to provide re-directs for transferred
repos.

Just a though ...

/Henrik