Synthetic biology is a new area of biological research that combines
science and engineering in order to design and build ("synthesize")
novel biological functions and systems.
About the Lecture
There's no mistaking Drew Endy's profession: "I like to make things --
that's what I do." From his engineer's perspective, the slow and
painful methods of bioengineering demand a solution. Endy hopes to
refine the tools necessary to move the field forward. "We're going
from looking at the living world as only coming from nature, to a
subset of the living world being produced by engineers who design and
build hopefully useful living artifacts according to our
specifications," says Endy.

http://bioisolutions.blogspot.com/2009/02/implications-of-synthetic-biology.html

Please Request your Friend : Join Biofriend India.
We assured quality posting

Satish Chauk
Biofriend India Manager
Pune (India)