Hello,

I am new to using biojava. I am trying to install biojava on a PC running

Windows XP professional. I am using Java 2 SDK version 1.4.2. I have

downloaded the files in the "binaries" directory in the download area of the

biojava server to the directory "C:\biojava" on my computer. I have added the

string

"C:\biojava;C:\biojava\biojava.jar;C:\biojava\xerces.jar;C:\biojava\bytecode.jar;"

to my PATH variable. When I try to compile one of the simple demo files,

like AlphabetExample.java, I get error messages saying that the packages

"org.biojava.bio.symbol.*" and "org.biojava.bio.seq.*" can't be found. Is

there something else I have to do to get the biojava files installed correctly?

Thanks -

Arunabha Banerjee