Hi all,

I've just configured a new peer on our IPv6 implementation of BIRD and, as per the subject, I'm receiving the following error with "sh protocols":

<peer name> BGP T_<peer name> start 18:05 Idle Received: Required capability missing

Last lines of logfile repeat the following:

13-12-2010 18:20:00 <RMT> <peer name>: Received: Required capability missing
13-12-2010 18:20:00 <TRACE> <peer name>: Starting

What does this error usually point at?
I've searched the list but apparently this issue has not been discussed yet.
We configured a direct peering from our router (as we do with all our members) with no problems.

TIA for the help.

Regards,
Simone.

believed to be clean.