On Fri, Mar 08, 2019 at 01:51:31PM +0100, Marco van Tol wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So I replaced bird 2.0.4 for which I downloaded the rpm from your site with
> bird 2.0.2 which I installed using yum on a centos 7 system.
>
> I noticed 2 things:
> - The Centos 7 2.0.2 rpm makes the bird daemon drop privileges and resumes as
> user bird
> - The 2.0.4 package from your site, when started with the supplied .service
> file, remains as root, with the exact same bird.conf

Hi

That is defined by cmdline options, so they are probably missing in the
.service file.

> - Version 2.0.2 has no issues to peer with the cisco router, it peers fine.
>
> So now I'm curious how worried I should be about the "import bgp fixes" in
> the 2.0.4 release notes. :-)

That is unlikely as that does not change OPEN message.

Could you try 2.0.4 with 'long lived graceful restart off;' option?

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Ondrej 'Santiago' Zajicek (email: santi...@crfreenet.org)