On Thu, May 06, 2021 at 05:09:53PM +0000, Senthil Kumar Nagappan wrote:
> Hi,
> I did sent this message a week back but I could not see it in the mailing,
> moreover just now subscribed to this mailing list, so sending this again.
> I’m seeing some issues with ospf adj over ptpnumbered/unnumbered interface.
> 1. Forp2p connections, ospf should be sending only multicast packets
> toallospfrouters, but I see its sending to unicast address.
> (From RFC “On physical point-to-point networks, theIP destination is always
> set to the address AllSPFRouters”)
>
> 2. Forptp over unnumbered interface, bird requires peer address configuration
> whichis not required from the ospf perspective. Because bird is using peer
> addressand sending unicast packets, bird cannot form multiple ospf adj over
> ptpunnumbered interface between 2 endpoints using same peer address.
> Made some quick changes and have attached the patch thataddresses the issues.
> Relaxed the source ip address validation for ptp link inpacket.c for now.
> More validation can be added to make it complete.
> Thanks and Regards,Senthil

Hi

Just finished some changes based on your suggestions. You can try it:

https://gitlab.nic.cz/labs/bird/-/commit/2a0af925b83f699d126cf0e733a49c75ffd86033
(and two previous commits)

 - PtP ifaces shouls always use multicast

 - Allow OSPF PtP (or PtMP) on ifaces with just host address (/32)

The later required some more changes that were not in your patch, e.g.
using ONLINK flag for route nexthops on these unnumbered ifaces.

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Ondrej 'Santiago' Zajicek (email: santi...@crfreenet.org)