Hello,

I run bird on a system which uses systemd as a service supervisor, and would
like to implement graceful restart in a way which works well with it.

In particular, what I'd like to do is:
 • If I restart the bird service (e.g. for an upgrade), Bird performs a
graceful restart
 • If I manually stop bird (systemctl stop bird2), shutdown the system, or any
other action which is liable to cause a longer period of downtime, perform a
graceful restart (for BGP at least)
Ideally systemd would have an ExecStopRestart option which could be used to
distinguish between stops and restarts, but unfortunately it doesn't (I might
submit a feature request for this regardless). However, it does support
`KillSignal and RestartKillSignal options.`

`So therefore I was wondering how the Bird developers and users would feel
about introducing a signal (SIGUSR2 maybe?) which can be used to request that
Bird perform a graceful restart?`

`- Erin`