I saw the Eurasian Collared-Dove in Marysville this morning May 16 at
10:30. It was sitting on wires across the highway from the church. It took
5 minutes for it to find me. The bird was silent. I did not see it fly in
or leave. Field marks beauties (undertail and vent). It was immaculate. The
priest waved.

Take 401 Hwy to exit 566 and go south on Hwy 49 (less than 1 Km) to Old Hwy
2 and then right on Hwy 2, for 2.7 km. to the Marysville Catholic Church.

Mark Cranford
Mississauga

ALSO AN EARLIER REPORT FROM Reuben Ware

The Eurasian Collared Dove was observed on Friday, May 9th from 11:45 until
about 12:40 p.m.  It vocalized with repeats of its three-note call on five
or six occasions while atop the telephone pole just west of the blue house.
 Once it vocalized from atop the chimney of the blue house.  It flew
several times between three sites: the top chimney of the blue house, on
the telphone pole cross piece, and in the willow trees which are adjcent to
a large, grey metal shed [west of the blue house].  On one occasion, it
carried a small twig from beneath one of the willows up to the top of blue
house's chimney.  Three times it sat [huddled down as if it were resting or
sitting on a nest] on the telephone pole cross piece for about five minutes
each time. Take 401 Hwy to exit 566 and go south on Hwy 49 to Old Hwy 2 and
then right on Hwy 2, for 2.7 km. to the
Marysville Catholic Church, parking lot, and school [on your right].  The
blue house is across Hwy 2 from the school.
Reuben Ware

#5- 691 Frankhill Road

R.R. 2, Peterborough ON

K9J 6X3    CANADA