Hi Birders,
Just for interest, Redhead ducks are being seen in the usual breeding areas
around Lake St. Clair.  Yesterday, I came across a few at the north edge of
Lake St. Clair in the southern Walpole Island area.  As well, I came across
a male CANVASBACK duck in suitable nesting area closer to Wallaceburg.
In the evening, I saw two male Redhead at the St. Clair NWA, seen from the
viewing tower.  (I didn't see them mentioned in the OFO trip!).  Apparently,
a few Redhead were seen June 5, as well as a pair of Canvasback.
This morning I travelled down the St. Clair River and observed a few Redhead
off Squirrel Island in a traditional location.
Other notes, I had a pair of Caspian Terns at the location of the
Canvasback.
Most of these sightings can only by seen by boat.

DIRECTIONS:  (SCNWA) From city of Chatham on hwy 40 find Pioneer Line just
 north of the city (near mall) and turn left (west). Follow to Bear Line and
 turn right.  Go 1 concession north to Pain Court Line (left, west) and
 travel to the village.  Go through intersection at Winter Line
 and continue on P. C. Line to Townline Rd.  Turn right (north) and
 travel 3.1 km to SCNWA entrance.  Balmoral Line is at the entrance.
 Mitchell Bay is nine conc. (~9 km) north from Pain Court on Winter Line.

Blake  A. Mann
Wallaceburg,
Chatham-Kent, Ont.
email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]