In a conversation I had this morning with the observer of this grackle in
north St. Catharines, he has suggested that since his observation was so
brief, and until the bird is clearly identified as to species, it would be
best to refer to it as Great-tailed/Boat-tailed Grackle.  His wife was the
first to observe the bird a day earlier as it bathed in their backyard bird
bath.  She told me it nearly filled the bird bath.

There are numerous local birders out this morning looking for the bird, and
if found, a message will be quickly sent out on ONTBIRDS.

Kayo

Kayo Roy
13 Kinsman Court
Fonthill, ON.
L0S 1E3
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Diane and Kayo Roy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

guidelines.